Sunday, September 28, 2008

I am Running out of Places to Go


So I went to the local Barnes and Nobel last night to pick up some books for my trip to Chicago next week. Talk about dropping into enemy territory! So an associate helped me find some items and initiated small talk. She was very friendly and helpful. That is until I brought my final purchases to the register. Then, in her eyes, we became mortal enemies. I bought Dick Morris's new book Fleeced: How Barack Obama, Media Mockery of Terrorist Threats, Liberals Who Want to Kill Talk Radio, the Do-Nothing Congress, Companies That Help Iran, and Washington Lobbyists for Foreign Governments Are Scamming Us ... and What to Do About It. I am not making something out of nothing nor am I even making this up. She picked up the book and read the title then opened the book and read the jacket and then sneered at me and made a disapproving face. After which she did not speak another word to me. I mean seriously? It's come to the point that Liberals won’t even engage us in friendly conversation? Let this prove my point that the great divide of this nation comes from that side. I utilized my "kill them with kindness" strategy which I think stings more than a tongue lashing. But it was ridiculous to see her go from friendly and helpful to nasty and immature-all because of the book I selected.

And while I am on the subject, I was walking around the political aisles and made a mental note that all of the end caps were full of books by and about Obama. No GOP analysis, nothing. Fair and balanced? I think not!

I don’t want to leave out my take away from the debate. I believe in my heart of hearts that McCain took this one home. I know Obama camp is touting victory so as to not admit the defeat he most certainly felt and also to keep up appearances for the Obama faithful who will stand behind him no matter what. Let's face it, if McCain is elected president and he balances the budget, ends the war, feeds the starving and cures cancer, they will still find ways to bitch and complain. But he wins because throughout the debate he was calm and collected and never got rattled. It was quite the opposite for Obama. McCain was smart to mention all of the experience he has with military operations since he began in 1983 and Obama couldn’t beat that. All Obama could do was rattle off the same tired old talking points, trying to align McCain with Bush, which any person with a brain can now see is just a scare tactic. Without that, Obama has nothing and McCain was clearly the victor.

The only thing I wished McCain had hammered home more was his decision to go back to Washington and do his job as a senator to take care of the financial crisis. I think his critics and Obama really tried to capitalize off it, rather unsuccessfully, but they tried to use that stupid "multi-tasking" argument. Of course McCain can multi-task but a debate is not a presidential duty. It is the right of the people to see the candidates face one another, but it can be rescheduled. The death spiralling economy was more important and Obama acted like a childish brat by insulting McCain for wanting to fix it. I want a president who goes back to Washington to fix a crisis, not who stays out of it to prepare for a debate.

The come to Jesus moment came at the closing of the debate. McCain got the last word. He lowered his voice, looked straight into the camera and said, "I know how to heal the wounds of war. I know how to deal with our enemies and friends." And that was all she wrote. McCain 100. Obama 0.


1 comment:

Robert said...

I wish that McCain had made a stern statement about how Obama not only is 2nd on the list of lobbying from Fannie Mae after only 3 years, but has 2 former CEO's of Fannie Mae (both of which took out huge bonuses for themselves when they over-stated the companie's assets) as his top economic advisors, and that Fannie Mae isn't a Publicly-traded EEEEEVIL Corporation, but a government sponsored company. - Your brother