Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tonight's Debate

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t upset by the idea of the moderator for tonight's VP debate having written a pro-Obama book already. I think it was irresponsible of her not to disclose to the debate committee that she has already written a pro-Obama book. I don’t know how in the world this got by them...or if it did, that they are ignoring it. I don’t think she can be fair and objective since she needs Obama to win for her book to be successful. I know Palin released a statement about how she thinks the moderator will be fair and objective, but that’s just playing nice. At some point tonight, if the moderator doesn’t acknowledge it, then Palin should.

Having said that, I don’t want to sound like a sore looser because the moderator is in the tank for Obama. I think Palin is going to do a great job if she loosens up and can be herself. The pit-bull we all saw at the RNC. I hope Biden goes in to the debate thinking he is more experienced and can win thing blindfolded and she drills him. I hope she is more ruthless than McCain was and rips into Biden about everything. About his comments about her not being a good mom, which would be an ace in the hole.

Also about how he voted differently on the war than Obama and the tax plan that would Fleece Americans-if I may borrow a phrase from Dick Morris. His plan for socialized medicine and slashing the military. I would love to hear her say, "so Joe, both of our sons are in Iraq...you ready to slash the military funding and have all hell break loose for an immediate pull out?" Then I wish she would say, so "when you were a single dad raising those two kids alone, did anyone question you about your ability to lead and be a good parent? And for that matter, when has anyone questioned Obama about being a good leader and a good parent?" I know these are triffle and insignifigant things, but she hasnt fought back and I would love to see her do that.

I would really love to see her throw down the gaunlet if the topic of abortion comes up. I know that Biden will question her in the worse possible scenerios but Palin should not falter. In fact she should deflect. How about talking about Obama voting no on a bill that would provide no health care for babies born from botched abortions. For the uneducated, that means that if the abortion doesnt "work" and the child is born alive, then he wants them to be left to die. So really, it's more like murder. Throw that in the voters faces and let them digest that one for a moment. It would really open the eyes of the undecided voters as to whats going on and how far to the left Obama wants to take this country one just some of the issues. We cant afford that.

No comments: