Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Welcome to my First Political Blog

Welcome to anyone who happens to wander into my new blogging home. I have never done this before so bare with me. First and foremost I would like to use this blog as my way to express how I feel during this exciting political season. I encourage people of all walks to read and contribute, but note that this is not a site for hateful language. So if you want to excersize your right to free speech but in a hurtful or unproductive manor, then go to PerezHilton.com because he is a hateful person and seems to welcome hateful remarks...as long as they agree with his opinions. But thats a whole other story for another day.

So I am the base to which Sarah Palin speaks. I, like so many conservatives, am excited and charged up about her being nominated as McCain's VP. And NOT just because she is a woman. If she displayed all of the same character and views as a man, I would still support "him". So I dont think McCain's pick was reactive. I think he chose the right person for the job based on record and reputation as a reformer. I dont care that she has five kids, one with special needs. I think women have been working moms since the begining of time and I dont see how this case is any different. Michelle Obama is a strong working mom and the left biased media leaves her alone.

I dont care that she has a pregnant 17 year old daughter. We were all 17 once. Our parents told us to abstain and make sound choices but we remember what raging hormones and distain for authority felt like and made poor decisions. The important thing is that she isnt glamorizing teen pregnancy-she is accepting responsability. Its a sad fact that it happens in this country and no one is immune because they are the child of a politician. Lets not forget that Obama was born to an 18 year old woman. Again, a fact the left wing biased media doesnt talk about nearly as much as the child of the VP nominee, even after Obama called them off limits. It doesnt make Sarah Palin any more or less of a VP that she has a pregnant teenaged daughter any less than Obama's mother had him at 18 makes him more or less of a presidential candidate. What it shows is that the media is so biased and has ONE agenda and thats to get him elected no matter the cost.

You know for a fact that if McCain went after the Obama girls that the media would be up in arms calling for him to step down and the left would be appalled. Where are they when thier party members go after the Palin kids?? Joining in- thats where.

If you cant get your candidate elected based on accomplishment and merit alone, then your candidate shouldnt be elected. So they have resorted to smearing the children of the candidates and questioning thier parenting skills OH AND A 22 year old DUI by the husband of Sarah Palin. WHO CARES??? If the media really cared then they would compare the 22 year old DUI charge to the ADMITED cocaine use by Obama around the same time. Does that matter too? No. Its the point. If you make a big deal about a 22 year old conviction of the husband, then balance that with the admited drug use of the presidential candidate.

My point to this rant is this-the media is mostly left and biased and unapologetic about it. There is no more news reporting so much as there is smearing and attacking and that goes for both sides. This campaign is going to be about the media as well. It can be decided by them and thats a sad fact. It should be about telling the voters why thier candidate is the best choice, but instead, The left is so scared about the re-energizing of the base of the GOP that they have to resort to attacking ancient incidents and children to strike fear into the hearts of voters. Its something that the founding fathers would be be ashamed to witness.

So I am excited to hear what Sarah Palin has to say tonight. And if anyone cares to hear what I have to say or bothers to read this, then you will know how I feel. I hope she gets up and introduces herself to America and shows her proved record of Executive experience and reform as well as scold the media for calling her daughter names and making up scandalous rumors about her kids. I hope that people love her and feel bad for questioning McCain's pick. Mostly I hope that in this day and age when a black man can run for president without question that so can a woman...with kids....run for VP without questions being raised as well!!!!!

No comments: