Thursday, October 9, 2008

High Hopes

I wish I could say with 100% that McCain won that debate. The awful truth is that no one did. It's like the body snatchers came and took them both and replaced them with droids. They were dull and lifeless and good for inducing sleep. Dont get me wrong, McCain did a stellar job but he missed the opportunity to do much more. He doesnt have to come across like a bully, but he has so much ammo to work with and didnt use. All he has to do is talk more and more about higher taxes and socialized health care. He didnt even say it. He didnt mention past radical anti-American associations. Hell, ACORN is running wild openly admiting they cant prevent voter fraud in 10 states and no one is screaming for a stop to it nor are the making the association that Obama provided legal council for them plus they contribute to his campaign.

Back to the debate, I really am a little worried that McCain didnt do enough to explain the evils of an Obama presidency to the undecideds. I dont think he swayed anyone either way which is fine, but those who are on the fence are listening and he really needed to speak to them. I did notice that the Obama word of the night was "invest". Let's invest, we need to invest, we have to invest. Well the American people arent stupid. We can read between the lines. We know what that means. Investing means creating billions of dollars worth of new useless programs at the expense of the taxpayer. Investing isnt going to do anything but raise taxes. It sounds new and exciting but it is the same old song and dance of the Democrats and look where that got us Mr. Clinton!

So I agree with O'Reilly when he called this one a tie. And I hope and pray that he pulls out all the stops in the final campaign. Maybe that is when McCain is waiting to bring out the big guns. It will be the closest debate to the election and it will resignate on people's minds when they go to the booth on Nov. 4th. The polls arent scaring me, but the amount, or lack of information the people still dont know scares me. Someone asked me recently why McCain stands like he does. I thought everyone knew he was a POW and broken bones were a way of life for five and a half years. That means that not everyone is getting the message. The message needs to be more clear and pronounced and he needs to end the debate and campaign on that one message that people will really take home and sleep on. Does this country stand a chance with a radical left wing President and can we afford that shift? He needs to really seperate himself from Bush and prove that Obama's four more years mud slinging is just that. People are tired of Bush and I am one of them. McCain needs to make more mention of how he seperates from his party when the best interest of the people are at stake.

Finally, I want to say that those "hand selected" people in Nashville are by no means an accurate representation of Nashvillians. I was truely embarrassed when I saw and heard these people on the town hall. They were so terrible and hickish. I am suprised none of them came in Confederiate uniform. And I am disapointed in my man Brokaw. Who really seemed to love himself more than anything.

No comments: