Wednesday, October 15, 2008

And I am the Winner!

So to follow up with my previous post, the findings were convincing enough that my company has declined the offer to campaign for Obama. I dont know if it was because of my findings and string arguements or if they know that it is operationally impossible at this late stage in the game. Either way, I am glad that is off the table and I wont have to "respectfully" disagree to do my job.

And tonight is the night. I dont believe polls and I dont put much faith in the liberal main stream media. Of course they have Obama packed and ready to move into the White House already. But there is still three weeks until the election. October suprise or not, I believe the people are getting the message that this country can't afford to have an Obama presidency. Literally and figuratively. I wish the media would have paid more attention to the "spread the wealth" comments he made to the plumber this week. If that isnt the definition of re-distribution of wealth then I must go back and read the dictionary. Obama went on to say that he wanted everyone behind that plummer to have a chance. Well they do. It's called the American Dream. And it means if you want it and you work hard, you will be rewarded. The American Dream is not handed to you or taken from someone else.

That Democratic sense of entitlement will be the end of this country as we know it. There is nothing at all wrong with me saying, "I work hard for what little I have. It took me a long time and a lot of work to get here and it's mine and I want to keep more of it!" I give to charity and help those down on their luck but it is NOT my job to help those below me. Everyone has a fighting chance. It was harder for me to get student loans than a lower class or poverty level student. I had to work and go to school. I have had to work hard to get where I am. No one did it for me. So why then should those behind me get more of what I have? What did they do to earn it? Nothing. And who is to say that the millions who refuse to break out of the welfare cycle and get an honest job or training will do so? They wont. They make more on welfare and if someone is giving it to them, then why stop? I am not being racist or judgemental but I have worked in urban areas and I see the cycle.

Just like health care. I dont believe health care is a right. Just because you are alive and live in this country doesnt mean that you should get health care handed to you. It's not the federal government's job to determine who gets it. You get it through gainful employment or buy it out of pocket. It is a broken system and needs to be fixed and affordable, but it is not the right of everyone to have it. Just like it's not everyone's right to have a college degree, own a home or to be making 6 figures by the time they are 40. To quote the Weekly Standard and our most famous document, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with inherent and inalienable rights; that among these, are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." That means we are free and we have the right to pursue our lives. It doesnt say, that if you arent in a certain percentile the government will step in. Of course if Obama is elected..we can be sure that not only will it happen, but we will loose some rights as well. Be on the lookout for my Fairness Dcotrine criticism.

No comments: