Thursday, January 22, 2009

I'm Baaaaaack

Hey to the one reader I may actually have. I am back. I took some time off to rest, regroup and step back and reflect about all the events that took place post election day. I have not been pleased with some appointments and controversies, but Obama is my president and it is up to all of us to work together for the greater good of the nation. If I turned my back on this administration then I will be no better than the liberal anti-American loons who turned their backs on American just to spite Bush. It's a display I dont think America loving conservatives sould make. We can show the left that our love for America runs deep and we wont cut off our noses to spite our faces... here is a post I made on Facebook this week and it is the kick off to the re-birth of Lamb in the Lions den.

“My affections were first for my own country, then, generally, for all mankind” Thomas JeffersonI am a little concerned by the amount of people who are saying things today like "now I am finally proud to be an American". I understand today was an important day and that it is the sign of new times, but patriotism is loving America no matter who is in office. It’s not just about politics. If you are a patriot of this great nation then you love her always. I did not vote for Obama, but now he is my president and I love this country as much as he does. So now we all work together. As he said, work together not as Republicans or Democrats, but as Americans! I am NOT going to stop being proud to be an American just because a Democrat is in office.

It's like no one listened to Obama's speech. How can we rise up and give the greatest thanks to those who came from other countries and worked their fingers to the bone so we could live better? How can we thank those who fought and died in countless wars and conflicts for us to have this day when an African American could be our president? By spitting in their faces and being patriots only when it suites us? So if you think that way today, think about how you felt when you watched the towers fall on 9/11. That day, it didn’t matter who was in office because we came together as one in a show of unity. It wasn’t until days later that it became politicized. Let's not forget that feeling. We shouldn’t have to be attacked to stand together and love this country.

" You can disagree with her leaders, but your love for her should never falter. If it does, then get your ass to Canada."

No comments: