Thursday, January 29, 2009

Here Comes the Acid Trip Again!

Ever have one of those dreams where you are trying to tell someone something important and for some reason they cant/wont hear you. And if they do not hear your warning then it will mean something terrible will happen? OK, that's how I feel about President Obama's stimulus bill. It is the most absurd and wasteful bill I have ever seen. Well I am sure that I could conjure up some others, but for the time being this is #1. Lets take a look at our tax dollars hard at work shall we?

In the 819 BILLION dollars he wants to spend, he has allocated funds for areas which will not immediately stimulate the economy. I am all for education and the environment and even prevention of STD's, but don't try to pull the wool over my eyes Obama! If this is a stimulus package that is supposed to rev up the economy, then make it so. Don't add things like polar ice caps research and carbon footprint recording! None of which are going to help me make my house payment or save my job! Dont disguise big government spending as relief. If you are pushing it through the House so the money can get out as fast as possible, then why spend it on programs over periods of years? Thats not relief. Thats called wasteful spending on another agenda.

$355 BILLION of the money isnt even going to be used until after the fiscal year 2010! How is that going to help us now???? I am not saying infrastructure, education reform and enviornmental research and protection aren't important but should be in a seperate bill. If you are going to stimulate the economy NOW, then use the money to stimulate the economy NOW! Our nation is on the brink of ruin and we cant really afford to funding some tree huggers right now. $345 Million is allocated to prevention of STD's. Thank you Obama, because I didnt realize that the root of this IMMEDIATE financial crisis was the clap! That will surely jump start the economy once all STD's are erradicated!!! I hope I live to see the day!!!! $150 MILLION is going to the honey bee insurance. Now thats one I cant understand at all. I cant wait to hear Pelosi explain that one.

Seems to me somewhere Bobby Jindal and Sara Palin are sitting back thinking about how the phrase "I told you so" fits onto a campaign button!

No comments: