Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Today's the Day

I apologize for being MIA for a few days, I have fallen ill and was down for the count. But I woke up earlier than I would have liked to today, got to my polling station at 7:15am and cast my ballot for John S. McCain and of course Chris Smith! I feel good about it. Am I worried about the Kool Aid drinkers who really have been hearing, but not listening? Yes. I am . I would be lying if I said that I was not concerned that the left winged media hadnt endocrinated the public with lies and mistatments in order to fufill their agenda to get Barack Obama elected. I admit that I have hope in my heart that America will make the right choice today and when I wake up tomorrow, McCain will be our next president. But I admit that it is a tough uphill battle and a little piece of me has tried to reconcile that there is a good change that Obama will win. I cant for the life of me understand why people still aren't hearing the truth! They fell victim to the celebrity status, coupled with some missed opportunities by McCain, and failed to hear the message loud and clear. There will be no tax breaks for 95% of the country. 40% of them dont pay taxes to begin with so of course they want Obama to win. As if the welfare system wasnt already a disgrace and abused. And 70% of the taxes in this country are already paid by the rich. Since when was it a crime to be sucessful? Now they are going to be punished even more and the people who are barely meeting Obama's middle class standard (which has changed 5 times in the last two weeks) will loose any footing they might have had. I am included in that category. So what is to happen to me? While my husband and I have a combined income in the $100K range, by the time NJ taxes our taxes, there isnt a lot left. So how much more would I have to give up? At which point do I say one of us quit our job so we dont loose more money? Why again should I have to give up what I worked so hard to achieve and give to someone who has had an equal opportunity to do the same. I am no more sucessful than the next person because I am a white female. I worked my way through college, started with a terrible low paying entry level job and clawed my way to where I am with hard work and determination. And now I am expected to feel bad about it?

I will say it now, not on the basis of race, but on policy, if Obama wins today, this country will see a great divide like it has never seen. The people like those I mentioned above, will suffer and those who are seeing more of their hard earned money get taken away and the introduction of big government into our lives, dictating how we invest our money and get our health care will get angry. If how Obama has operated his campaign is any indication of how his presidency will be, then we are in for a world of hurt. He has broken spending records left and right, gone after people who have quetioned him or not supported him. Are we turning into a country where you dont have the right to have a differing opionion than the president? Are you telling me that three reporters that got kicked off his plane because their paper endorsed McCain was purely coiensidence? That people illegally went through Joe the Plumber's personal records and dug through his trash looking for dirt was fair? The guy just wanted an answer and didnt like what he heard and now he is treated like an enemy of the state?

I hope we get it right today.

No comments: