Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Earmarks! I was against it before I was for it and other stupid things

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/03/11/obama-announces-earmark-reforms-defends-imperfect-spending/

Ahhh where have I heard similar rhetoric. I was againt it before I was for it. Now, after thousands of wasteful earmarks in his $140 Billion budget, Obama says maybe it's ok to have earmarks and they arent so evil, which is a far cry from his anti-earmark sentiments on the campaign trail. This is what he said,

"But the fact is that on occasion, earmarks have been used as a vehicle for waste, and fraud and abuse. Projects have been inserted at the 11th hour, without review, and sometimes without merit, in order to satisfy the political or personal agendas of a given legislator, rather than the public interest."

Hmmm where have I seen that exact scenerio??? Ohhh I know! Your 800 BILLION dollar stimulus bill. Gosh he must really think we are all dumb or at least we all watch CNN so we dont know what's really going on!!!

No comments: